I love making soups! It’s cheap, easy, and there is usually a lot left over. I have made veggie soups, taco soups, and chili, but have never before made chicken noodle soup. I decided I wanted to make a really simple recipe with only a few ingredients, so here is what I came up with. You will only need the following ingredients: chicken broth, No Yolks noodles, carrots, celery, parsley flakes, oregano, and chicken.
Making this soup is ridiculously easy:
1. Combine your thawed chicken and chicken broth in a stock pot. Boil until the chicken is cooked through. I use boneless chicken breasts so I can save the time I would have spent deboning them.
2. Remove the cooked chicken, chop into bite sized pieces and set aside.
3. Bring chicken broth to a simmer. Add celery and carrots, and heat until the veggies are soft.
4. Bring noodles to a boil, drain, and add them to the broth. Add the chicken pieces to the broth. Add parsley and oregano to the broth.
5. Bring the broth and all ingredients to a boil. Let the soup boil 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Want a printable recipe card? Right click on the card below to print the recipe. For best results, print on a 5X7 recipe card.