enter site “Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.” Proverbs 31: 10
Recently, I’ve been sharing a quote or a word each Wednesday that means something to me. This week, I feel led to share the word “virtuous.” I’ve been taking a different direction in a lot of areas in my life lately (or at least making a good attempt to do so) and I’ve been thinking a lot about Proverbs 31.
Basically, living as a Proverbs 31 woman entails these qualities: (source- Nora Conrad)
phd dissertation assistance database Nora Conrad, writer of “Becoming a Proverbs 31 Woman,” says it better than I could ever hope to say it:
- Remember that you are worthy of God’s grace.
- Be truthful and faithful.
- Love others, be good to others and pray for others.
- Work hard in everything you do.
- Wake up early and start the day with God. Pray every day and praise our Lord.
- Study and learn. Enrich your life with knowledge and understanding and become well rounded in your skills.
- Take advantage of opportunities in business, helping others, and caring for others.
- Be strong and endure hard times. Put your faith in God to help you when you feel lost.
- Love and honor yourself; dress well, exercise, behave well.
- Find a husband who shares your values and love of God.
- Fear God and honor him in all things.
- Remember that you are praise worthy and will be rewarded for your work.
follow site I have been thinking a lot about these verses lately, because I know that I have fallen short in many of these areas in recent years. There have been plenty of moments in recent years when I should have served others more. There have been plenty of moments when I haven’t honored God in all things. There have been many days when I didn’t pray. I haven’t studied as much as I should have. And I haven’t done a fantastic job of enduring struggles and putting all my faith in God.
think link discovery education When I examine areas in my life, I know there are lots of shortcomings and lots of areas where I need to do better. Almost every area where I’ve personally struggled in the past few years is outlined in Proverbs 31. It was almost like a bell ringing in my head: “this passage of Scripture is what you need to be working on. This is what you need to live.”
link I am going to print off and frame the graphic I created for this blog post. I invite you to do the same.
Linking to Stonegable, Worthing Court, Cedar Hill Farmhouse, Confessions of a Plate Addict, The Turquoiseaquifer and Home, A Place of My Taste, The Happy Housie, The Blissful Bee, My Pinterventures, The Lady Prefers to Save, The Kolb Corner, Craving Some Creativity, Let’s Get Crafty, Diane and Dean DIY, Starfish Cottage, Bluesky Kitchen, Potentially Chic, McCall Manor, and Odds and Evans, The Quintessential Mommy, Christine Everyday, Little Miss Dexterous, Décor To Adore, Poofing the Pillows, At Home With Jemma, White Spray Paint, and French Country Cottage!